Halloween is nearing, and what better way to celebrate it with your kids and family than to make a yummy and spooky treat that can be enjoyed by everyone? When we think of Halloween the first thing that probably pops into our mind is scary carved pumpkins and children asking for treats. Get in the spirit of Halloween by whipping together this delicious Halloween swirl cream cheese brownies. This Halloween-themed brownie is not only a treat for your tastebuds but your eyes as well.
For the recipe, make sure you have all these ingredients by your side. I’m sure you will find most of these ingredients already in your kitchen. But there might be a few here which will require you to make a run down to the grocery store.
Things You Need
- Flour – All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder – Use a dark cocoa powder
- Sugar – Granulated sugar
- Salt – A pinch
- Baking powder – For the rise
- Vanilla extract – Don’t confuse it with vanilla essence
- Cream cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Orange food coloring
You can make 9 brownies with this recipe. If you have a bigger family or wish to make more brownies, make the changes to the recipe accordingly.
For The Brownie:
- All-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Dark cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2
- Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
How To Make The Brownie Layer
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and grease it with butter or vegetable oil. If you don’t have a parchment paper, grease the baking tray with butter and dust it with flour. This step is done so that the brownie comes off easily from the dish once it’s baked.
- Now to prepare the brownie, add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. This includes flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Take another small bowl and mix all the wet ingredients. This includes eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly until they are well combined. You are looking for a light and fluffy consistency here. You can use a fork or a beater. I used a beater as it gets the job done pretty quickly. However, if you don’t want to add more dishes to your dishwasher, you can use a fork.
- Now slowly add the wet ingredients into your bowl of dry ingredients. As you pour, make sure you combine it well using a spatula. Keep moving your spatula until the mix is well combined.
- Keep 1/4 of the brownie batter aside for the swirls.
- Pour the remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
For The Cream Cheese:
- Cream cheese – 225 gms at room temperature
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- Orange food coloring
How To Make The Cream Cheese Layer
- Add the first four ingredients into a medium bowl and beat it until smooth.
- Now add the food coloring to the above mix and combine well. Depending on the brand you buy, instructions will be given on the product on how many drops you will need.
- Now pour the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batter and spread it evenly.
- Now gently pour the reserved brownie batter op top of this. Using a skewer or a knife, keep swirling.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Check if it’s done by inserting the skewer or a toothpick in the middle of the brownie. If it comes out clean, it’s done.
Once you take it out of the oven, make sure it is completely cooled before you start slicing. You can take the slices out by using the brownie spatula and serve it to your friends and family. Recreate this recipe for different holidays by using a different food coloring. We hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did! Don’t forget to let us know how this delicious treat turns out.