Mother’s Day is round the corner, and our Facebook feeds can’t stop singing the glories of motherhood. But how well do we understand mothers? Especially working mothers.
What goes through a woman’s mind when she is carrying a child in her womb and running the rat race to keep up with the pace of life? Her fears, her dilemmas, her anxiety. Have we ever pondered on these aspects? And even if we have, what role have we played to bring about a change — a positive change, a comforting change?
This video by Prega News crafts a beautiful message with a simple office situation. It reminds us that in spite of our busy schedules we have the power to create a difference in someone’s life.
Here’s to mothers – expecting mothers, stay at home mothers, working mothers, struggling mothers and stressed out mothers. You are the reason to keep this world going. What you do is not easy, no matter how easy you make it look. So, if your mind or circumstances ever pose a question “Are you doing enough?” look in the mirror and tell yourself “I am doing great.”
A pregnant employee walks into her office and is shocked to see her desk empty. She looks around in confusion and asks her coworkers what happened to all her stuff. They suggest she talk to the HR and demand an explanation. Her frustration is at its peak. When she finds out what her boss did in her absence, she is speechless. And when you find out what happened, you will be equally stunned and teary eyed. Go on, watch one of the most soul-stirring videos ever made.
Didn’t we tell you this video would strike a chord? Prega News has managed to spread an incredible message, and there’s a reason it’s going viral. Being sensitive to pregnant employees and working mothers is our responsibility. Making them comfortable in their workspace is important. Employees spend most of their day in office working relentlessly for the organization. A little thoughtfulness will not just make them feel special but will restore their faith in themselves. This mother’s day, let every woman in your organization know how important she is and what a great deal she is pulling off.
And for all your beautiful workaholic mommies, here’s a monthly checklist of affirmations to keep you going. One thought a day!
- If I decide on something, nothing, absolutely nothing can stop me.
- I am growing wiser and stronger with age.
- I am comfortable in my skin, and I love the way I look.
- I am respected and appreciated because I deserve it.
- I am a phenomenal worker, doting mother, and loving wife.
- I am the better half. Well, most of the times!
- I am productive and give my best at my workplace.
- My inner strength is my armor against all odds thrown at me.
- I owe no explanation to the negative devil in my head.
- I am in charge of my life, and I am doing awesome.
- My life is a series of beautiful miracles.
- I am going to relax and find a solution to this.
- This too shall pass.
- I have created a human in my womb; I can surely handle this.
- I am proud of being me.
- I am self-reliant, persistent and confident.
- I am fit, healthy and attractive.
- I am balancing work and home like a boss!
- I am what I seek, and I see joy.
- I forgive myself for the mistakes I have made.
- I am surrounded by loving, caring and supportive people.
- I am creative and cool.
- I am a moneymaker, I am a homemaker, and I am a difference-maker.
- I attract positivity and gratitude.
- I am a strong pillar of support to women around me.
- When stressed I will take a break, a nap, a bath and come back stronger and smarter.
- I will pamper myself the most.
- I am healing, physically emotionally and spiritually.
- I have the power to create miracles because I am a miracle.
- I am free because I am ‘me’.
You might want to print and pin that on your desk. Just saying!
Happy Mother’s Day.