Is your relationship turning sour, and do you think your love life has hit a roadblock? In this post, we bring you Bible verses about building a relationship to help you understand your partner better and resolve issues amicably.
It is quite common for relationships to hit a rough patch, and the efforts you put in to mend those relationships can seem futile. In such situations, along with positivity and optimism, hope and inherent faith in God can help you overcome obstacles.
Read this post and get motivated by these Bible verses to build a healthy and fulfilling relationship with your partner.
50 Bible Verses About Building Relationships In Hard Times
A relationship can break like glass if not maintained with love, care, and trust. These Bible verses will help you build relationships in hard times.
- “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4: 2
- “Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:13-14
- “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” – 1 Corinthians 13:6-7
- “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” – Romans 12:10
- “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” – Philippians 2:3
- “Take wives and become the fathers of sons and daughters, and take wives for your sons and give your daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; and multiply there and do not decrease.” – Jeremiah 29:6
- “Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “Lord, there is no one besides You to help in the battle between the powerful and those who have no strength; so help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in You, and in Your name have come against this multitude. O Lord, You are our God; let not man prevail against you.” – 2 Chronicles 14:11
- “By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established;” – Proverbs 24:3
- “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” – Matthew 6:33
- “At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth that you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.” – Matthew 11:25
- “And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see the heavens opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.” – John 1:51
- “Tell me all about your faithful love come morning time, because I trust you. Show me the way I should go, because I offer my life up to you.” – Psalm 143:8
- “No sooner did I depart from them than I found the one whom I love with all my heart. I held on to him and now I won’t let him go, until I’ve brought him to my mother’s house, to the chamber of the one who conceived me.” – Song of Solomon 3:4
- “Two are better than one because they have a good return for their hard work. If either should fall, one can pick up the other. But how miserable are those who fall and don’t have a companion to help them up! Also, if two lie down together, they can stay warm. But how can anyone stay warm alone? Also, one can be overpowered, but two together can put up resistance. A three-ply cord doesn’t easily snap.” – Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- “This is the reason that a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife, and they become one flesh.” – Genesis 2:24
Bible Verses About Building Relationships
Relationships become strong with time. Sometimes, misunderstandings create a rift between two loving souls. These Bible verses will show you the way in such situations.
- “Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wrong.” – 1 Corinthians 13: 4-5
- “Cain had relations with his wife and she conceived, and gave birth to Enoch; and he built a city, and called the name of the city Enoch, after the name of his son.” – Genesis 4:17
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multiple of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
- “Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves.” – Song of Solomon 3:4
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
- “May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.” – 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- “For your husband is your maker, whose name is the Lord of hosts; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, who is called the God of all the earth.” – Isaiah 54:5
- “For the choir director, a Psalm of the sons of Korah, set to Alamoth. A Song! God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
- “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” –Psalm 34:19
- “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for my name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life.” – Matthew 19:29
- “Call upon me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor me.” –Psalm 50:15
- “But Ruth replied, ‘Don’t urge me to abandon you, to turn back from following after you. Wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you stay, I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord do this to me and more so if even death separates me from you.” – Ruth1:16-17
- “And let us consider each other carefully for the purpose of sparking love and good deeds.” – Hebrews 10:24
- “Now faith, hope, and love remain — these three things and the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:3
Bible Verses About Relationship Problems
Problems and differences are common in every relationship. But it is your responsibility not to let them break your relationship.
- “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.” – 1 John 4:18
- “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.” – James 1:19
- “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” – Ephesians 4:29
- “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.” – Genesis 1:1-31
- “But if you marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Yet such will have trouble in this life, and I am trying to spare you.” – 1 Corinthians 7:28
- “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” – Proverbs 17:17
- “Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.” – Hebrews 13:9
- “You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; you surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.” – Psalm 32:7
- “The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and strength, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.” –Isaiah 11:2
- “But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear.” –Isaiah 59:2
- “Conduct yourselves with all humility, gentleness, and patience. Accept each other with love, and make an effort to preserve the unity of the Spirit with the peace that ties you together.” – Ephesians 4:2-3
Bible Verses For Troubled Relationships
Troubled relationships can drain your energy. Check out these Bible verses to revive your troubled relationship.
- “But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband.” – 1 Corinthians 7:10
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” – Philippians 4:6
- “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. As God in Christ forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:32
- “Let us follow after things which make for peace, and things by which we may build one another up.” – Romans 14:19
- “Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.” – Proverbs 27:6
- “But I say to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I.” –1 Corinthians 7:8
- “Do not trust in a neighbor; do not have confidence in a friend. From her who lies in your bosom guard your lips.” – Micah 7:5
- “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.” – Matthew 18:15-17
- “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.” – Mathew 6:1-34
- “Do not forsake your own friend or your father’s friend, and do not go to your brother’s house in the day of your calamity; better is a neighbor who is near than a brother far away.” –Proverbs 27:10
Relationships are built on love and trust. It takes a lot of effort to build a relationship, and it can break into pieces if you take things for granted. We hope these Bible verses will give you more clarity about building and protecting relationships in hard times.