One of the best discipline practices seen so far among children is reward systems. They help in managing your child’s behavior and get him to finish all important work on time. Do you believe in the same? Then let us help you with exciting reward ideas in this post.
Rewarding children for good behavior doesn’t mean you have to spend a whole lot of money on vouchers or expensive items. You can keep it simple and cost-effective. At the same time make your child learn new things the right way!
6 Best Reward Ideas For Children:
The most important thing you must know about a reward system is that it needs to motivate your child. You must pick something that interests your kid and piques his or her curiosity. Only then, your child will be willing to put effort into something. Here are some ideas for positive rewards for children:
1. Going Out To Eat:
Most children adore junk food. Whether it is pizza, burger or even a large cone of ice cream, take the name of edible food and your child will jump at it.
- You can take him out for a treat once a week. Tell him to finish his homework on time throughout the week, and he will get his reward.
- If your child has picked up on a bad behavior, it’s better to nip it in the bud. Tell your kid how well his reward will be once he stops behaving bad.
[ Read: Educational Toys For Kids ]
If your child is in elementary school, you must be aware of how much they love their Barbie dolls or G.I. Joe toys.
- If your child hasn’t been performing too well, you can use this trick. Ensure that your kid promises to show an improvement in their performance.
- One toy at the end of a successful term will make your kid smile.
Did you know coupons work great among children? Yes, you could make them finish some real important work with the help of these.
- If there is a home chore where you need your kids help, tell them about the coupon system.
- Allow them to choose coupons as they wish and do that for the next few hours.
- Assure that it happens when the work is complete. You may also pick a few options if you please.
Kids love coloring. Most parents who sit with their children while studying must know how much coloring excites their young ones.
- You could let your child color his favorite pages as a reward if he promises to stay obedient to you throughout the day.
- Tell him, how much fun it would be when he gets to use all his favorite colors and no one would tell him to stop!
[ Read: Christmas Coloring Pages ]
5. Going For A Hike:
Does your child love sports and games? Then taking him to a game or on a hike as a reward!
- If he uses foul language or has picked on a repulsive habit from school, you could use this to make him stop.
- This is a golden opportunity to teach your child a valuable lesson.
- Inspire and tell him about your experiences when you are on your way for hiking.
6. Social Activities:
Another thing that gets children super happy is social activities. You should use this one to reward your kid.
- Tell him he can invite his closest pal for a sleepover during the weekend. Allow them to enjoy pizza and watch their favorite movies, together!
- You could also ask your child to invite a friend for a day at the park or even become a part of a family dinner.
Rewarding your child is essential. There is nothing wrong with it, as it will help your child improve himself in various sections of life. The system also lays the way to establish a friendly and affectionate relationship with your child.
Did you like reading the article? Do you have more ideas to share? Please feel free to express what’s on your mind.
- 8 Simple & Easy Tips For Raising Your Kids Right
- 10 Best Ways To Boost Your Kid’s Confidence
- 3 Best Ways To Help Children Develop Self Control
- Top 10 Personality Development Tips For Your Children
Latest posts by Akruti (see all)
- Bacterial And Fungal Infections In Children - March 2, 2017
- 8 Effective Natural Remedies To Cure Mosquito Bites In Babies - July 23, 2015
- 4 Unexpected Symptoms Of Colon Cancer In Teens - July 20, 2015
- Lung Cancer In Teens - Causes, Symptoms & Treatment - July 16, 2015
- Is It Safe To Drink Decaf Tea During Pregnancy? - July 16, 2015
- Nose Bleeds In Teens – Everything You Need To Know - July 13, 2015
- Is It Normal To Have Excess Facial & Body Hair During Pregnancy? - July 6, 2015
- How Often Should You Change Your Baby's Cloth Diaper? - June 19, 2015
- High Cholesterol During Pregnancy - Every Thing You Need To Know - March 20, 2015
- How To Choose A Good Babysitter? - March 19, 2015