Wool or yarn is a wonderful material that your kid can use to make different fun crafts. Encouraging preschoolers and young children to use their imagination and creativity is important. It gives them a hobby that they can take up and gives them skills that they can use even when they are older.
If you are a parent who organizes craft projects for your kids, you should definitely introduce wool as a material to create awesome stuff at home!
Top 10 Easy Yarn And Wool Crafts For Kids:
Here are 10 of the best wool and yarn crafts that you can try out for their next crafts project:
1. Faces Made With Puzzle Pieces And Wool:
This is a really simple craft idea that is ideal for kids of all ages.
- You need a puzzle piece that has “ears”.
- Paint the back of the piece with skin-toned color.
- Take a few lengths of wool and glue them to the top of the puzzle piece to create the hair.
- Glue on a pair of wiggle eyes and draw the nose and mouth.
- You can draw freckles on the face and even use ribbons for the wool hair!
[ Read: Fall Crafts For Kids ]
2. Wool And Paper-Clip Bookmarks:
Get a few large paper-clips, yarn, glue, scissors and wiggle eyes.
- Take the yarn and cut it into a dozen 6-inch pieces.
- Fold the yarn in half and hitch them to the paper-clip’s end.
- Draw the ends of the yarn through and down to the end of the clip that is a folded loop.
- The wool “hair” can be styled any way your little one wants.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes and you have a quirky bookmark!
3. Birds Made With Wool Pom-Poms:
You will need multi-colored wool, glue and a small piece of felt in orange color.
- Take a yarn of any color and wrap it around 3 of your fingers. Cut it.
- Pick another colored yarn and wrap it on top of the first color 6 times. Cut again.
- Remember that the more yarn you wrap, the fuller your pom-poms will turn out.
- Take a length of the first yarn you used and tie it into a knot in the center.
- Cut the looped ends of the yarn you wrapped opposite the knot.
- Fluff up your pom-poms and trim the sides to make the secondary yarn the bird’s wings.
- Cut the felt into 2 small triangles to create a beak and leave it to dry after gluing.
[ Read: Animal Crafts For Kids ]
4. Baubles Made With Wool Pom-Poms:
Woolen pom-pom baubles are easy and fun to make. They can be hung on your Christmas tree or anywhere in your little one’s room all year round. With so many different types of wool available these days, your kids can make these baubles as fancy as you like!
- Cut 2 circles from stiff paper such as the ones from cardboard boxes.
- Make donut shapes out of these circles and lay them on top of each other.
- Take your yarn and wrap it until it fills the entire circle and the hole in the middle is almost filled up.
- Carefully cut the wool around the circle’s edge and slowly ease the circles apart.
- Tie a piece of yarn in the center and make sure that you pull it tight.
- Remove the circles. You have a pretty bauble to decorate anything with!
[ Read: Pom Pom Crafts ]
5. Wreaths Made Of Wool:
This is a quick and easy craft that is fun to make.
- Take stiff paper from an old cardboard box
- Cut out a circle as small or as big as you like.
- Cut out another circle from its center, making a donut shape.
- Wrap the wool around the circle until it is completely covered.
- Keep the loose end in place by tucking it under the wrapped wool.
- Now decorate your wreath with sequins or any other decorative items that your little one chooses!
6. Halloween Skeleton Made With Wool:
This is one of the exciting wool craft ideas for kids that is quick and simple to make.
- Get a square of black card paper, glue and white wool.
- Cut the wool into the lengths you find appropriate.
- Using the glue, paint a picture of a skeleton and stick the yarn onto the glued parts to create your skeleton’s bones!
- To make the skull, wrap the yarn around two fingers four times and cut.
- After sliding the wool off, flatten it out and glue it to the head of your skeleton.
[ Read: Halloween Crafts ]
7. Wool Photo Frames:
These make great gifts for Mother’s Day and other occasions. You need a stiff paper (cardboard box is a great source), wool in one or multiple colors, sequins or other decorative items.
- Cut a square and another in the center of the cutout.
- Take your yarn and start wrapping the square neatly and tightly until it is entirely covered.
- Take the loose end and glue it or make a neat knot in a part of the wrapped wool.
- Decorate the frame in whatever way you like with sequins, buttons or other items of your choice!
8. Recycled Wool Pencil Holders:
Use old containers around your home to make pencil holders, vases, etc.
- Let your little ones wrap yarn around old containers.
- You can leave them as they are or decorate them with buttons, sequins, etc.
- It is a wonderful way to teach your kids the importance of recycling and how you can do it in the simplest ways.
9. Colorful Yarn Sticks:
Take your kids out and collect sticks.
- Back home, give them yarns in different colors to wrap around the sticks.
- Let them mix and match as they like.
- These colorful sticks can make beautiful displays.
- You can even bunch them up together for more color and add in a homemade vase!
[ Read: House Crafts For Kids ]
10. Wool Easter Egg Decorations:
This is a beautiful wool craft for kids, that you can make as easy or as complex as you want.
- Take an egg-shaped object and apply glue all over it.
- Take yarn and start wrapping the egg with it.
- You can use one color or mix different ones. Use soft pastel colors that go with the holiday.
- Once you are done with covering the eggs, stick a length of yarn on top to hang them wherever you like.
- You can even add embellishments if you like!
These wool craft ideas are awesome projects for kids of all ages. We are sure you and your little ones can have a lot of fun trying them out. It may get messy at times, but it really is all worth it! So go ahead and start crafting with your kids and prepare to be surprised by their creativity!
Don’t forget to share your favorite pick from these simple wool crafts for kids or any of your craft ideas with us.
- Top 10 Tin Can Craft Ideas For Kids
- 10 Cool Paper Flower Crafts For Your Children
- 10 Cool House Crafts That Will Keep Your Kid Busy
- 10 Easy Plate Craft Ideas For Your Kids
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- Tips For Improving Communication With Your Spouse - April 29, 2016
- 21 Qualities Of A Good Wife - April 28, 2016
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Nagpur City - April 25, 2016
- 25 Fun Facts And Information About Monkey For Kids - April 11, 2016
- 30 Top CBSE Schools In India For Your Kid - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Kanpur - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Indore - March 31, 2016
- List Of 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune - March 23, 2016
- List Of 30 Best Schools In Delhi - March 23, 2016
- 30 Top And Best International Schools In India - March 18, 2016