- GK for kindergarten & Grade 1
- GK for grade 2 & 3
- GK for grade 4, 5 & 6
- GK for grade 7 & 8
- GK for grade 9 & 10
- GK true or false for kids
- GK quiz for kids
General knowledge encompasses knowledge of every aspect of life. It may or may not be related to your kid’s academic studies, but it can inadvertently shape their personality, boost confidence, improve academic grades and make conversations extremely interesting.
If you want your kid to start learning about myriad things and become smarter with more information at their disposal, you’re at the right place, as Momjunction has a collection of general knowledge questions for kids.
GK Questions For Kindergarten And Grade 1
Age group: 3-6 yearsSponsored
This section has specially curated basic general knowledge questions and answers for preschool kids. But before you begin with the questions, introduce them to the concept of quizzing with easy and simple GK games like the odd one out or pick the right color. And then, you can start quizzing them on trivia questions!
So, shall we get started?
1. How many months do we have in a year?
Answer: 12 months
2. How many days do we have in a week?
Answer: 7 days
3. How many days are there in a year?
Answer: 365 days
4. What is 2+2?
5.Which number comes after 6?
6. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
7. What are your ears for?
8. Which day comes after Friday?
9. We use our eyes to — see, hear, feel, eat?
10. What type of insect do you see in this picture— bee, ant, butterfly, spider?
[ Read: Trivia Questions & Answers For Kids ]
GK Questions For Grade 2 & 3
Age group: 4 to 8 years
In this section, we have covered fun trivia GK questions about festivities, simple math, English, and logic, along with a photo quiz suitable for grade two and three kids.
11. What is a baby frog called?
12. Where does a pig live?
13. Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert?’
14. How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
15. What do you call the person who brings a letter to your home from post office?
16. How do you relate to your maternal grandfather?
Answer: Mother’s father
17. We smell with our _______
18. Baby of a dog is called__________
19. How many flamingos do you see in the picture?
Answer: 12 flamingos
20. What is this beautiful structure called?
Answer: The Taj Mahal
[ Read: Comic Books For Kids ]
GK Questions For Grade 4, 5 & 6
Age group: 9-12 years
Children of this age group see and learn several things. We have listed down GK questions from entertainment, simple math, English, basic science, movies, history, and geography for them.
21. Can you name the seven dwarfs of Snow White?
Answer: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Dopey, Bashful and Sneezy.
22. Trout, carp and, barracuda are names of what?
23. How many consonants are there in the English alphabet?
24. What grows quicker—hair or toenails?
25. Which is the tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest
26. Which Saint’s Day is celebrated on 14th February?
Answer: Saint Valentine
27. Which famous children’s book has two characters named Tweedledum and Tweedledee?
Answer: Alice, Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
28. Which planet is known as the Red Planet?
29. Place these shapes in order of how many sides they have—square, triangle, octagon, and hexagon?
Answer: Triangle, square, hexagon, octagon
30. Which of the following is not a metal: gold, resin, glass?
31. Which is the largest plateau in the world?
Answer: Tibetan Plateau
32. In which ocean did the famous Titanic sink in 1912— Pacific, North Atlantic, or the Mediterranean?
Answer: North Atlantic Ocean
33. What is the next number in the following sequence– 7, 14, 21, 28?
34. Which two parts of the body continue to grow for your entire life?
Answer: Nose and ears
35. What makes up (approx.) 80% of our brain’s volume?
[ Read: Fun Reading Activities For Kids ]
GK Questions For Teens And Older Kids
Age group: 13-19 years
So far we have covered exciting and intriguing GK questions for the younger kids. Now, we have questions and answers for teens and older kids. To make quizzing fun for teens, you could even let them be the quiz master every once in a while.
GK questions for grades 7 & 8
Here is a list of GK questions related to sports, famous or important personalities, history, geography, arts, and science.
36. Which country does volleyball originate from?
Answer: The USA
37. What is Zumba?
Answer: A dance workout
38. Is the temperature of the moon higher or lower during the day?
39. Which planet is the smallest: Neptune, Mars, Mercury?
40. Your blood type is determined by the genes you inherit from your parents: True or False?
41. What is the square root of 144?
42. What is three-fifths of 50?
43. During which year did World War I begin?
44. Which famous explorer discovered Cuba?
Answer: Christopher Columbus
45. Who hunts most – male or female lion?
46. What type of whale is the biggest animal in the world?
Answer: Blue Whale
47. Who was nicknamed “Trey” (Three in card terminology), when he was young?
Answer: Bill Gates
48. His tomb in France reads “He taught us how to become free” as his writings were instrumental in creating a spirit of freedom during the French Revolution. Who was he?
49. The name ‘Teddy Bear’ is used to describe a soft, toy bear. The name comes from President Theodore ‘Teddy’ Roosevelt who once set a bear cub free: True or False
50. Which first electrical item did Thomas Edison invent?
[ Read: Math Games And Activities For Kids ]
GK questions for grades 9 & 10
Age group: 16-19 years
At this age, children need subject-specific, culture-specific and contemporary awareness. Here are a few questions to go through for that.
51. How many players are there in an ice hockey team?
52. LPG(Liquefied Petroleum Gas) is mainly a mixture of which gases?
Answer: Propane and Butane
53.Which instrument is used for measuring wind speed?
54. How many straight edges does a cube have?
55. Which layer of planet Earth is made up of tectonic plates: Inner Core, Outer Core, Mantle, or Crust?
56. Convection, Frontal and Relief are the three main types of clouds, rainfall, or winds?
57. Can you name the legendary Benedictine monk who invented champagne?
Answer: Dom Perignon
58. Which actress has won the most Oscars?
Answer: Katherine Hepburn (4 Oscars and 12 nominations)
59. Which kind of ‘bulbs’ were once exchanged as a form of currency?
60. What does the term ‘Piano’ mean?
Answer: ‘To be played softly.’
61. What does the term ‘birdie’ mean in a game of golf?
Answer: One under par
62. Which naturalist sailed in the famous ship called Beagle and found the breakthrough island called the ‘Galapagos’?
Answer: Charles Robert Darwin
63. Apart from cheese and tomato, what other two toppings are usually there on a Hawaiian Pizza?
Answer: Pineapple and Ham
64. What kind of weapon is a falchion?
65. What is another word for a ‘lexicon’?
66. What color is a Himalayan poppy?
67. In football (soccer), who was nicknamed ‘The Divine Ponytail’?
Answer: Roberto Baggio
[ Read: Teaching Kids About Money ]
GK True or False Questions for Kids
The best part about True or False questions is that you only have two answer choices and you have a 50% chance of scoring a point even if you do not know the right answer. Here are a few primary GK questions in this format.
Remember, the answer can either be True or False. So, ready to begin?
68. Caterpillars turn into butterflies.
69. Adults have a total of 34 teeth.
70. There are 30 days in May.
71. New York is the capital of America.
72. Cinderella’s carriage turns into a potato.
73. Half of 250 is 125.
74. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
75. A jellyfish is 95% water.
76. Plants give us oxygen.
77. Bubble gum contains rubber.
78. 8 o’clock in the evening is written as 8 am.
79. Bacon was part of the first meal eaten on the Moon.
80. Spinach originally comes from Iran.
81. Watermelons are originally from Australia.
Answer: False (originally from West Africa)
82. Black Forest cake has the same colors as the traditional dress of the inhabitants of the Black Forest in Germany.
83. There are over 330 different dog breeds in the world.
84. Thunderstorms have particular sound frequencies that can hurt a dog’s ears.
85. Adult dogs and adult humans have the same number of teeth.
86. The deadliest earthquake of 2017 took place in Iran and Iraq.
87. Electrons are larger than molecules.
[ Read: The Lion And The Mouse Story ]
GK Quiz Games For Kids
Quizzes are fun when they are played like games. Here is a fun GK quiz game you can try to help them learn about different topics. The game is called Odd One Out, and all you have to do is ask your kids to find out which one is not related to the others in the group.
88. Theater, Ticket, Movie, School
89. Medicine, Injection, Ointment, Laptop
90. Brinjal, Potatoes, Cabbage, Chocolate
91. Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Photograph
92. Knife, Poison, Gun, Books
93. Paper, Poster, Book, Rug
94. Sarah, Rita, Fiona, Matthew
95. Earrings, Necklace, Wood, Bracelet
96. Television, History, Science, Math
97. Flower, Tree, Sock, Grass
[ Read: Peacock Facts And Information For Kids ]
Basic GK Quiz – Multiple Choice Questions
Multiple choice GK quiz question format is relatively easier than the basic question and answer format. Here are some general knowledge questions in that format.
98. How many cards are there in a complete pack of cards?
99. What is the hottest continent on Earth?
D. South America
100. What is the most popular sport throughout the world?
101. Can you name the country from where Parmesan cheese comes?
102. What type of tree do dates grow on?
103. What is the 15th letter of the English alphabet?
104. How many planets are there in our solar system?
105. Which was the occupation or job of the following famous people: Leonardo da Vinci, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh?
[ Read: Mythological Stories For Kids ]
General knowledge is vast! No matter how much one learns about the different subjects, it seems inadequate. The key to excelling in GK is to keep practicing. Start off with the questions we gathered for you and take it forward from there. Encourage the kids to learn more and know more.
What’s your idea of a fun GK quiz for kids? Let us know about it in the comments section.
- Fascinating Science Facts For Kids
- Water Facts And Information For Kids
- Best Android Apps For Kids
- Interesting Moon Facts For Kids
Latest posts by Sudipta Jana (see all)
- Arthritis In Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment - March 20, 2018
- 105 Basic GK Questions And Answers For Kids - January 25, 2018
- Aesop's Fables: The Lion And The Mouse Story - February 11, 2016