Welcoming the news of being pregnant is a treasured moment for all. It brings in a lot of joy but it is also one of the biggest responsibilities that you will shoulder during a lifetime. Therefore, you need to be 100% sure before they embark on this difficult but interesting journey called motherhood.
Today, a woman has multiple priorities. You would definitely want to have a settled career and a committed partner before you think of embracing motherhood. So let us help you understand the pros and cons of pregnancy at different ages, so that you can have a considerable amount of clarity of thought for yourself.
What Is The Best Age To Have Kids?
The medical journal Obstetrician and Gynaecologist that contains a study from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, states that the “most secure age for getting pregnant remains from 20 to 35”. Some of the facts stated by medical experts are as follows:
- Medical experts are of the opinion that women are likely to have more complications like pre-eclampsia, miscarriage, still birth, ectopic pregnancy, etc. if they plan to conceive beyond the age of 35 years.
- The fertility of the eggs also begins to decline beyond the age of 30 years, thus making conceiving difficult at times.
- In case you are planning for multiple pregnancies, the ideal route is to have your first child in the early or mid-20s and have the next child in your late twenties or early thirties.
- With the shift in focus towards the career, women are embracing the idea of pregnancy beyond the age of thirty.
[ Read: Effects Of Caffeine On Fertility ]
Pregnancy At Different Ages:
In order to decide on the right age for pregnancy, consider factors like fertility period, emotional maturity, career stability, family orientation, financial health etc.
Here are a few straight facts that can help you decide the perfect age for pregnancy as per the priorities of your life:
- The age between 20 to 24 years is the most fertile period for the women; however, women might not have the emotional preparedness to handle the responsibility of pregnancy.
- If a woman maintains a healthy lifestyle and eats well, then the age of 25 to 29 years is ideal for pregnancy as the body is capable of handling the pregnancy well and the woman has the emotional maturity to deal with the responsibility of a baby.
- For career-oriented women, the age of early thirties is also apt for having a pregnancy.
[ Read: Smoking Effects On Fertility ]
- Pregnancy during late thirties and early forties has a higher probability of facing hurdles like gestational diabetes and hypertension.
- Gestational diabetes becomes a serious concern among women above the age of 35 years, due to the weight that the body of the women would have gained during the last few years.
- The fertility is slightly lower in early thirties than the twenties. But, the financial stability to bear the responsibility of a child will be more in the thirties than in the twenties.
- The fertility is the lowest in the forties and it might be difficult to juggle between a high level career role and pregnancy at the same time for working women.
[ Read: Can You Get Pregnant With Hpv ]
- Maintaining a fitness level is very important if you plan for a child beyond forty. One of the major issues that you are likely to face in this scenario is that of becoming overly tired.
Hope by now you must have known what is the best age to have kids. You are the right judge for yourself. So take a decision about pregnancy as per your convenience and comfort levels and steer your life in the direction in which you feel you will be the happiest. The ultimate decision is yours. As pregnancy is one of the most wonderful phases to be in, make the most of it.
Readers, let us know which age you have your kids!
- Pros And Cons Of Getting Pregnant In Your 30s
- Pregnancy After 45 – To Have Or Not To Have
- Pregnancy After Age 50: Is It Advisable
- Great Tips To Improve Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant
Latest posts by Aayantika Choudhury (see all)
- 3 Effective Home Remedies To Cure Whooping Cough In Children - December 29, 2014
- 6 Tips To Get Your Toddler To Brush His Teeth - December 26, 2014
- Top 10 Yummy Dinner Recipes You Should Try For Kids - December 19, 2014