Truth or dare?
Let’s begin with the truth, shall we?
Every one of us must have played the fun, sometimes bold and silly, game called Truth or Dare at least once in our lives. Even though it was first played way back in the 17th century, the game never got old. It only gets better with each generation.
Truth or Dare is one of the best ways to break the ice and get a group of strangers know each other. However, without proper supervision and guidance, teens might use this game to bully others.
As a parent, you can stop that by teaching your kids the best way to play this game. Start by giving the top truth or dare questions for teens, compiled by the fun-loving MomJunction team!
Truth Or Dare Questions For Teenagers
Before we list down the questions for you, here is a quick summary of what the game is about (if you haven’t played it before).
Kids sit in a circle and take turns. In parties, they usually spin a bottle and whoever the top of the bottle points at has to choose: truth or dare. If the person chooses truth, he or she has to answer a question asked by one of the other players. If they choose dare, they have to do something silly, embarrassing, or funny as directed by the others.
Here is a list of truth and dare questions for teenagers along with the description of the dare that he has to take up if he chooses to. We have listed out the ‘Truth’ and the ‘Dare’ questions separately so that you can combine any two questions from each category.
[ Read: Fun Things To Do At Night With Teens ]
Time For Some Truth?
Well, teens are notorious for omitting the truth to their convenience. More often than not, they avoid the truth because they think it is embarrassing or silly. Truth or Dare for teens is a fun game to get them to admit things that they wouldn’t otherwise admit. The idea is not to humiliate them – just find a fun way to make some confessions.
Questions About Relationships
Teens are at the stage of life when they are exploring romantic relationships. But most of them do not want to talk about it because they are shy or embarrassed. These questions might help them open up about it without any qualms. After all, it’s in the spirit of the game!
- Who was your first crush at school?
- Who is the most handsome guy/beautiful girl at school?
- What’s your idea of a perfect date?
- Where would you like to go on a first date?
- Do you have a boyfriend?
- How many boyfriends have you had?
- Have you been kissed yet?
- When did you have your first kiss, and with who?
- Did you ever break your boyfriend’s/girlfriend’s heart?
- Was your heart ever broken by your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- If you could go out on a date with a celebrity, who would it be?
- If you are stranded on a remote island, who would you choose for company?
- If you had to go out on a date with one of us in the room, who would it be?
- Of all the people you have dated, who has the most beautiful eyes?
- Tell us about your most embarrassing date?
- What was your most awkward moment on a date?
- Who do you think is the most beautiful/handsome teacher at school?
- Did you ever have a crush on any of your best friend’s boyfriends/girlfriends?
- Have you ever flirted with your best friend’s siblings?
- Would you use a dating website?
- If you had to pick one of us to go on a prom date, who would it be?
- Are you obsessed with a celebrity?
- Would you break up with someone by sending them a text?
- Are you jealous of someone because of who they date?
- How would you want the love of your life to propose to you?
- What kind of a person would you want to be married to in the future?
- Have you ever fallen in love with someone at first sight?
You could also ask revealing questions such as “are you a virgin”, during a game with the family to know if your child is sexually active.. But yeah, chances are your kid will hate you for asking such a question and stomp out! So, it is better to leave such sensitive questions out of the game.
[ Read: Things To Do On Friday Night With Teens ]
Questions About Friendship
High school is when every girl has her ‘bestie’ who she can share everything with, and boys have their ‘best buds’, who they can hang out with and drink beer or smoke!
Yeah, it is true. So here are a few questions about friendship that you can slip into the game, to know about their understanding of friendship and test their loyalty to friends.
- Who is your best friend (when the person has two good friends) – name only one?
- Did you ever lie to your best friend/bud?
- Did you make them do something for you by lying?
- What were your first impressions about “best friend’s name”?
- Would you lie or cheat for a friend?
- What would you do if you had a crush on your bestie’s boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Would you go behind your bestie’s back with a crush?
- Would you ditch a lunch date with your bestie to go on a date?
- Name one quality that you do not like in your friend.
- What do you like most about your best friend?
- What are the three most important qualities you look for in a friend?
- Who was the worst friend you have had and why?
- What is the cruelest thing you have done to a friend?
- Have you ever shared your best friend’s secrets with anyone else?
- Can you go for weeks or even months without talking to your bestie?
- Did you have an imaginary friend? What was his or her name?
Be careful about choosing the questions because you do not want your teen to have a rift with her or his friends.
[ Read: Social Skills Activities For Teens ]
Questions About School
Everything from their favorite teacher, subject, to their worst grades and the pranks they played on their classmates and teachers – these questions ask it all.
- Did you ever cheat in a test?
- Did you actually enjoy reading a romantic poem in literature class but pretended that it was lame?
- What’s your career ambition?
- How confident are you about achieving your dreams?
- Which subject do you hate the most?
- Which is the most boring class you had to attend?
- Did you ever skip school by telling a lie and lie about it to your parents?
- Did you ever mock a teacher or classmate behind their back?
- What is the first thing you do after school every day?
- What is your favorite thing to do at school?
- Do you like gym class?
- Are you into sports?
- Who is your favorite teacher and why?
- Have you ever played a prank on a teacher?
- How many times have you been punished and sent to the principal’s office?
- Who is the creepiest kid you know in school?
- What is the lowest/worst grade you got in school?
- Have you ever fallen asleep in class?
- Did you pretend to be sick so you can skip class or avoid a test?
- Who was the first boy that you kissed in school?
Questions About Dreams And Ambitions
Want to know more about your teen’s secret dreams and goals? Make them spill it all out with these questions.
- Which college are you planning to go to?
- What would you do if you cannot get into the college of your choice?
- If you had the money and resources to start a business, what would it be?
- If you could invent something, what would it be?
- If you won a million dollars in lottery, what would you do with the money?
- If not here, where would you be and what would you be doing at this moment?
- Who is your role model and why?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s your idea of a perfect vacation?
[ Read: Fun Party Games For Teenagers ]
Questions About Life And Values
Discussing life, philosophy, and values over a cup of coffee is lame. But if you are curious and want to know what your child’s take on life is, ask them as a part of the game.
- Imagine this: you wake up one day and realize that you’ve become invisible. What will you do?
- If you had the chance to be reborn as someone in this room, who would it be?
- If you could be born again, what would you choose to be born as?
- What is your worst fear?
- If you had just 24 hr to live, how would you spend your day?
- If you had the chance to live on your own right now, would you take it?
- What is the one thing you would change in your life if you had the option?
- If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
- If you knew that the world was going to end soon, what would you do?
- If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
- Would you rather be a princess or a mermaid?
- What would you do if you were the Queen of England?
- Would you become a boy (or girl) for a day, if you had the choice? Why?
These are questions your teen would not want you to ask.
- If your parents went out of town for a week and you had the house to yourself, what would you do?
- What was the worst day of your life and why?
- What was the weirdest/strangest dream you have ever had?
- What is the one question you do not want to be asked in this game? (remember this for later!)
- Rate everyone in this room, on a scale of one to ten.
- List five disgusting/annoying habits you have?
- What is your weight?
- Have you ever stolen something?
- Did you let someone else take the fall for something you did?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is the most embarrassing thing that your parents caught you do?
- What was the stupidest thing you ever did?
- How long have you gone without showering/shaving?
- Did you ever pee in the swimming pool, while swimming?
- Did you ever spread a nasty rumor about someone else?
- What’s the weirdest thing you did when you were alone, in front of a mirror?
- What kind of pajamas do you wear to bed?
- What is the silliest thing that you are attached to and still posses (if it were a thing)?
- Did you ever watch an adult film and lie to your parents about it?
- What was the biggest lie you told without getting caught?
- If you were asked to make one of the people in this room your slave, who would you choose and why?
- Who looks sexier: (give two girlfriends’ names)?
- Name one thing you hate in each of us.
- Who is the one person you hate most in the world?
- What do you do when you are alone at home?
[ Read: Outdoor Games For Teens ]
How Dare You?
If you are daring enough, you will choose to tell the truth. But the game is called ‘Truth or Dare’. So you have to pick!
Teens who do want to avoid the truth or want to do something cool or unusual or funny might choose to “dare”. The dares that the participants have to do could be anything from singing and dancing in a silly way to proposing to someone or doing something embarrassing in public! So, here goes the list of dares you can challenge teenagers to do.
Simple Or Easy Dares
When you want to go easy on your child and his friends, you will give them a simple dare. Here are some of them.
- Kiss the person to your left on the forehead.
- Go to the kitchen and eat a chili.
- Sing a song and do the hokey pokey in the center of the circle.
- Run around the room imitating a monkey or a gorilla.
- Pick someone from the group and dance with them to a love song.
- Kiss the pillow until it is your turn again.
- Wear your socks on your hands for the next three rounds.
- Paint each fingernail and toenail a different color and keep it for a day.
- Wear your pants backward for the rest of the evening.
- Apply makeup without looking into the mirror.
- Run in your place for the next two rounds.
- Pretend to be a pig and sniff the others in the group when it is their turn to speak.
- Paint your toenails with crayons.
- Gaze into a girl’s or boy’s eyes for 30 seconds.
- Slow dance to a fast song.
- Hop like a kangaroo for a minute and cover the entire room.
- Propose to your pet or the host’s pet in the most romantic way possible.
- Speak in a foreign accent for the next two minutes.
- Stand in the street and wave to every passerby for two minutes.
- Act like a dog and ask the others to pet you, like a dog.
- Walk like a runway model on the sidewalk.
- Hold a sign that says “Honk if you think I’m cute” and stand outside.
- Dance like crazy to your favorite song.
- Go outside and check the mailbox and come back inside. Repeat it three times and count the number out loud each time.
- For the next one hour, you must say “oh, not again!” every time someone says the word “like”.
[ Read: Sleepover Activities For Teens ]
Ready For A Challenge?
These dares aren’t that easy to do. But they aren’t that difficult either. They are just the right amount of “challenging”.
- Recite the alphabet backward.
- Beat an egg on your head.
- Eat a snack without using your hands.
- Make a funny hat and wear it on your head for the next two rounds.
- Make a shirt/skirt of a garbage bag and wear it for the next two rounds.
- Stand in the chicken pose for the next two rounds.
- Eat a spoonful of mustard.
- Imitate each one of the members in the room.
- Act like your favorite teacher for the next 30 seconds.
- Eat as much hot sauce as you can.
- Break up with your girlfriend/boyfriend.
- Fold yourself like a pretzel.
- Give the person to your right a piggyback ride.
- Do a belly dance.
- Act like the waiter and take snack order from every individual in the group. Serve them and ask if they enjoyed the food.
- Create an outfit that has every color of the rainbow. You can borrow clothes from the host and the others in the group. Take no more than ten minutes.
- Call your parents and tell them that they are grounded for a week.
- For the rest of the night, dance like a ballerina instead of walking.
- Dance to Auld Lang Syne.
- Come up with a list of celebrities that each of the other players looks like in under two minutes.
- Sing the latest pop song in the worst possible way and post the video on YouTube.
- Tell a bad joke in a really excited tone!
- Put ice in your shirt and stay still until it melts.
- Try to lick your elbow while singing a song.
- Try to touch your nose with your tongue.
[ Read: Birthday Party Ideas For Teens ]
These Are Just Crazy!
Turn up the challenge levels a little higher to “Are you kidding me?” These dares are silly and can be embarrassing too. But hey, it’s all in the spirit of the game!
- Fill your mouth with crackers and whistle.
- Go out and say “I love you” to the first person you meet.
- Go out and sing a Disney song as loudly as you can.
- Borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbors.
- Make a video of you Moonwalking across the room and post it on YouTube.
- Ask the first person you meet outside on a date.
- Make a headdress out of toilet paper and promote it on Facebook!
- Say the alphabet backward in a British accent.
- For the next two rounds, sing whatever you want to say.
- Speak in rhyming words for the next three rounds.
- Repeat everything that the other players say for the next two rounds! (This is fun and annoying too!)
- Have a tea party with stuffed toys and invite the rest of the group. Act like a five-year old girl while you do.
- For the next two rounds, speak like you were under water, gasping for air.
- Call up someone you have a crush on and tell them how much you like them!
- Use your elbows to update your Facebook status.
- Dance like a chicken on the lawn!
- Prank call a restaurant and order every item on the menu!
- Hold your shoe/or next person’s shoes to your nose for at least 30 seconds.
- Run around the house banging your chest and yodeling at the same time.
- Stand in the street and yell “I am (name)! Hear me roar!!”
- Combine a spoon of peanut butter and hot sauce and eat it.
- Smell the armpits of the person sitting to your right.
- Act like a puppy or a seal and let the others feed you.
- Sing a pop song as if you were in the opera.
- Go out the front door and do a dramatic death scene, like Daffy Duck of Bugs Bunny would do.
- Close your eyes, or get blindfolded and open the fridge door. Point to something and let the others feed you that! (Nothing alcoholic or that the player is allergic to.)
- Go to the neighbor and ask for toilet paper.
- Call your boyfriend or crush and explain the rules of Monopoly to them.
- Call your crush and sing a love song like “I can’t help falling in love”.
[ Read: Creative Group Activities For Teenagers ]
Don’t Break The Rules
Wherever you play the game, and whoever you play it with, make sure you follow the rules.
One person in the group is asked “truth or dare?” by another.
If they pick ‘truth’, the other player will ask a simple, embarrassing, or tricky question. They should answer it truthfully, without any fiction or omissions.
If they pick “dare”, the other person will ask them to do something daring, and the player has to do it without hesitation.
If the dare is too uncomfortable or embarrassing the player can ask for another.
Once they tell the truth or do the dare, they can pick another player and ask them “truth or dare?”
Remember that the objective of the game is to have fun and not humiliate anyone. After all, the people you would be playing the game with are your friends.
What was the best/worst ‘truth or dare’ question you had to deal with? Share your experiences here!
- Icebreaker Games & Activities That’ll Leave Your Teen Buzzing
- Fun Water Games For Teens To Beat The Heat
- Top 15 Indoor Games & Activities For Teens
- Top 7 Fun Virtual World Games For Teens
Latest posts by Sagari Gongala (see all)
- 29 Exciting and Easy One-minute Games For Kids - December 21, 2018
- 101 Heartwarming Birthday Wishes For Son - December 20, 2018
- Taking A Break In A Relationship: 5 Ways You Can Do It - December 13, 2018
- 101 Sweet Good Morning Messages For Husband - December 6, 2018
- 15 Relationship Books To Keep That Love Alive - November 28, 2018
- 20 Smart Brain Games For Kids - November 27, 2018
- 101 Positive Thought For The Day Quotes For Kids - January 8, 2018
- Himalaya Pure Hands: The Germ-Free And Cruelty-Free Sanitizer - May 17, 2017
- A Test to Take: How High Is Your Food IQ - March 26, 2017
- Heart Rate In Children: What Is Normal And What Is Not - March 16, 2017