Women are vocal about their romantic fantasies while men seem to have none. But is that true or are we simply drawing conclusions from what we have been seeing in movies and reading in books since generations?
Men may not be as vocal as women, but they are definitely not averse to romance. Try being utterly romantic with your husband and see how he enjoys it, however sly that reaction might be.
So, how to romance your husband? MomJunction gives you not one but multiple ways to be romantic with your husband. Read and use them.
29 Ways to Romance Your Husband
Turn the tables around with these simple, sexy things to romance your man.
- Invite him for a date. Instead of waiting for him to take you out, you do the honor this time. Book a couple table at his favorite restaurant or a new place that he might like. For extra romance, get ready separately and meet at the venue, as you did when your relationship started.
- Appreciate and compliment him. Use sweet and flirty words to tell him how much you like him. “I really admire how much you work hard for our family,” or “Your smile makes my day,” or “You are looking super hot with that beard.”
- Be generous with those good words. Appreciate him in front of his colleagues, friends, and children. But it doesn’t mean you have to keep singing paeans every time and everywhere.
- Watch a romantic movie. Relax on a Friday night by watching a love story together. Pick a movie that reminds you of your own love story or the one you must have watched together when you were dating.
- Get touchy with him. It’s not just about sex; holding hands, tucking your arms around him, giving him a shoulder rub, sitting together on the couch, small pecks, an unexpected kiss, are all essential physical touches.
- Tease him. Wear a lovely dress, make yourself look prettier, and tease him by ignoring him. Lure him but do not give in to him. This increases his urge to be with you.
- Kiss him randomly. Yes, you do not need a reason or time to kiss your husband. Kiss him when you feel like – when you are leaving for work, when he is reading the morning newspaper, when he is busy doing a chore at home or taking out his car – in short just about any time in the day.
- Try it with coffee. If your husband loves having a cup of coffee early in the morning or after returning from work, prepare a travel mug of his favorite coffee, just as he likes it. The aroma of the coffee will give him in.
- Hide a love note in his wallet. Express your love for him in a short note and put it in his wallet. Let him find out about it when he takes his wallet to make a payment. It will, for sure, bring a proud smile on his face.
- Go through the old photographs. The pictures you might have taken in your honeymoon or on dates before your marriage will make you both nostalgic and have some hearty conversation.
- Frame up the photos. Surprise him further by framing one of those favorite pictures and putting it up on the wall. Your man will know how much you care about these memories and your union.
- Plan an adventure together. There must be something like skiing or trekking that you and your husband have always planned to try. Now is the time. Plan it and make it happen. Doing something crazy will freshen up your relationship. You will be reminded that you are a team.
- Keep sending messages throughout the day. No, not to annoy him but to show him how often you think about him, to tell him that he is on your mind constantly, and to make him know that no time is a wrong time for romance. It makes him proud of the relationship he has with you.
- Wear a dress he likes. When he says, “You look gorgeous in that red dress,” or “I love those leather jacket on you,” pay attention to them. Wear those dresses to indicate that you are in the mood to romance. Dressing up just for him, and as per his taste is incredibly attractive to him.
- Try some long distance romance. When he is away on a trip, keep posting some pictures, remind him of the sweet memories, and share videos of the fun you had together. These little gestures will remind you of him like crazy.
- Hold his hand. A bit of PDA (public display of affection) will only spice up your relationship. Therefore, do not shy away from holding his hand in public, especially when he least expects that from you.
- Pamper him. If he is having a hectic schedule at work or is feeling stressful, take some extra care of him. Take over his share of chores, give him a feet-rub, or get him a chilled beer to relax.
- Cook up the romance. No, it’s not faking it but making it with his favorite dishes for the dinner. Turn a boring, routine, middle-of-the-week day into an interesting one by cooking something special for you and him.
- Tune in to romance. Play the songs that were your songs when you started dating. You can take your husband back in time and relive those moments.
- Make your kids sleep early. Let them have an early dinner and sleep during the weekend so that your husband and you can have some private moments. You may decide how you want to spend those precious hours with him.
- Take an active interest in what he likes. It’s easy to connect when you have shared interests. If it’s a sport that you have no idea about, do some research and watch a few matches together. If he likes to exercise, then join him in it.
- Talk naughty. Give him enough hints of your intentions by using the right words. However, make sure that you are subtle and not grossing him out.
- Write them down. If you are out on a date, use a paper napkin to write down what you want to do after going home. This will make him wait eagerly for you to take the next step.
- Spice things up in the bedroom. You may have developed a go-to routine in your bedroom. Break that and spring a surprise. See your husband ask for more.
- Ask him about his fantasies. Make it special by asking your husband about his fantasies, and trying the practical ones out. He will love the fact that you love being intimate with him.
- Dance with him. You don’t need lessons for that; just put on his favorite track and have him dance with you. Match your steps as you get physically closer, and love is bound to happen.
- Laugh together. Laughter could be a potion for romance. Watch a comedy show or movie clippings together or share some jokes between you.
- Talk about your past and future. Reminiscing about your past will rekindle the attraction that you had for each other. Tell him why you chose to marry him and why you fell in love with him. Talk about your plans for the future, and how you intend to spend your days with him when you get older. This will increase the warmth between you.
- Plan a secret short trip. If there is a long weekend coming plan for a short trip to somewhere around your place. Book the hotel and transport, and give him a surprise.
No matter how long or recent your marriage has been, being romantic to your best man makes him feel appreciated, loved and respected; the three mantras to keep the sparkle alive. These easy ideas do not even consume time; having said that, there’s always time to romance.
What are your ideas on romancing your man? Share them with us in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Sudipta Jana (see all)
- 237 Newlywed Game Questions To Ask Couples - January 24, 2019
- How To Be Romantic With Your Husband: 29 Tips To Raise The Quotient - December 13, 2018
- Family Relationship: Why Is It Important And How To Build It? - November 29, 2018
- 40 Best Gifts for Wife - October 31, 2018
- Empty Nest Syndrome: What Is It And How To Deal With It - October 10, 2018
- 20 Easy Magic Tricks For Kids - October 8, 2018
- 40 Unique And Special Gifts For Husband - October 4, 2018
- 101 Wedding Anniversary Wishes For Parents - October 1, 2018
- 25 Best Movies For Teens - October 1, 2018
- 40 Interesting Facts About The Sun For Kids - September 28, 2018