As a pregnant woman, does exercising and gaining weight seem to concern you?
Pregnancy is a time that leads to various changes and health conditions. If you are already regular at exercising, most of your health issues will usually be solved. But this is one time when exercising is usually the last thing on your mind. When you are going to be piling on weight anyways why bother, right? Wrong!
Read on to know why you should exercise during first trimester and what are the safest exercises you can do.
Why Do I Need To Exercise During Pregnancy First Trimester?
Exercising during pregnancy has many benefits, including:
- Helps improve sleep
- Reduces swelling
- Prevents and reduces back ache
- Makes the labor process shorter and easier
- Prepares your body for a vaginal birth
- Increases your happiness quotient by releasing endorphins
- Keeps you energetic and makes you feel less tired
- Helps you get back into shape after the birth
Exercise During First Trimester:
If you are already set in your exercise routine you won’t face any trouble getting into your pregnancy specific exercise.
Once you are pregnant, the force and aggressiveness of your exercise will naturally be gentler and more gradual. You don’t need to run a marathon or do any crazy cardio routines. However, if you have never exercised in your life, or are one of the lazy ones, this is the ideal time to begin a routine.
Listed here are some effective and safe exercises to do during first trimester:
Walking is one of the safest exercises that you should practice regularly throughout your pregnancy.
- It is completely risk free
- Regularly walking for about thirty minutes a day will help improve your labor process
- It will also aid in a vaginal delivery
- Ensure you wear well fitted and comfortable shoes that are meant for walking
- Avoid walking in very hot conditions and carry water with you
[ Read : Walking During Pregnancy ]
If you already know how to swim, this can be one of the best exercises for you at this stage.
- Swimming is a great form of cardiovascular exercising
- It will help to stretch and tone out your muscles
- As you will be exercising in a nearly gravity free environment, it will help you with your balancing problems
- Swimming helps relieve and prevent any joint strain
- Try and swim for a minimum of twenty minutes at least thrice in a week
- This form of exercise can be continued throughout your pregnancy
[ Read : Swimming During Pregnancy ]
Pilates is an extremely safe exercise that can easily be performed during your first trimester.
- Make sure you train with a registered and certified Pilates instructor
- Remember to request for pregnancy oriented Pilates classes specifically designed based on your body shape and your needs
- Pilates helps strengthen your core muscles
- Pilates helps correct posture, which is especially important during pregnancy when you tend to slouch
- Pilates help prevent back ache It helps improve your balance and strengthens the muscles of your pelvic floor, which are extremely helpful at the time of delivery
- Pilates also helps you lose weight faster after delivery
[ Read : Pilates During Pregnancy ]
Stretching is one of the easiest forms of exercise during first trimester of pregnancy.
- Stretching does not increase the heart rate like walking and is quite comfortable to perform.
- Stretching helps reduce the risk of injury and certain medical complications
- You can easily perform simple stretching exercises multiple times during the day
- Stretching provides light exercise that is perfect during the first trimester
- You can combine stretching with other pregnancy related exercises you may be doing.
[ Read : Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy ]
These simple exercises are easy to perform and safe during the first trimester. You can continue these exercises throughout your pregnancy. As your body is unique, you should check with your doctor before you begin any kind of exercise.
Drink plenty of water during these months, stay hydrated at all times and wear comfortable clothes and footwear. Also, if you experience any discomfort, stop immediately and speak to your doctor.
What were the exercises you did during your first trimester? Leave a comment below.
- 7 Safe Exercises You Can Do During Second Trimester
- 5 Effective Benefits Of Doing Squats To Induce Labor
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Doing Breathing Exercises During Pregnancy
- 10 Simple Ways To Keep Yourself Happy During Pregnancy
- 7 Wonderful Ways To Pamper Yourself During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017