Everybody likes a bubble bath in the bathtub, but it gets tricky when the hard back of the bathtub causes neck and shoulder pain. Hence, we have curated a list of the best bath pillows to make your bathing sessions more easy-going and fun. These tried-and-tested bath pillows can offer support to your neck and head for optimal and luxurious comfort. They are made from quality materials, such as breathable mesh, for quick drying and have extra-strong suction cups. With various available options, choosing the right bath pillow can be quite challenging. So, explore our list to select the perfect option that can elevate your mundane bathtime routine.
11 Best Bath Pillows
Enjoy a spa-like experience at your house with the Gorilla Grip spa bath pillow. This supportive bathtub pillow is made of foam and equipped with seven powerful suction cups that make it slip-resistant. It measures 5 × 12.5 x 4in, weighs 0.14lb, and fits both curved back and straight back tubs. It also features a waterproof design and dries quickly after use.
- Fits standard-sized tub inserts
- Foam cushioning for ample neck and head support
- Suitable for cold and warm baths
- Easy to clean
- Two-inch ultra-thick padding for a comfortable bath experience
- Available in calming colors
- Suction may fade over time
- Not suitable for curved bathtubs
"This pillow has proven helpful with its firm grip and easy cleaning. Although it lacks thickness for a molded feel, it is decently comfortable. Also, it has shown remarkable durability even with consistent use."
2. Best Satin Finish: Bath Haven Bathtub Pillow
Made with the patented quilted AirMesh technology, this spa pillow for bathtubs by Bath Haven weighs 16lb, provides good constant airflow, and is breathable. Its six extra-strong suction cups keep your bath pillow fixed securely to the tub. The professional-grade pillow measures five inches and is worth incorporating into your bathtime routine. It is ergonomically designed with a 3D mesh fabric exterior to envelop your head, neck, and shoulders. It also comes with a machine-washable bag to make the cleaning process easy. This review video will help you learn more about this relaxing bath accessory.
- Has a satin finish and wave-pattern stitching
- Dries quickly
- Comes with thick padding
- Resists mold and mildew
- Strong suction cups
- Colors may fade
- Some may not like the slightly rough texture
"This bath pillow has hit a sweet spot for comfort and support, making my bathing experience more delightful. The occasional slides annoy me a little, but the support it offers for my back and neck makes it a worthy investment."
Here’s a full-body bath pillow by Everlasting Comfort to support your back, neck, and head. It weighs 1.3lb, measures 14 × 12.83 × 5.98in, and has an ergonomically curved design to contour and support your head, neck, back, and shoulders. Furthermore, this bathtub headrest cushion features a soft and breathable mesh fabric exterior and non-slip and powerful suction cups. The built-in hook makes it easy to hang, making it a convenient-to-store bath pillow option. Check out this video by a reviewer to learn more about how the pillow can ensure an enjoyable bathing experience.
- Headrest roll
- Deep side pockets for storing bath accessories
- Includes a loofah
- Breathable bath pillow
- Fully adjustable and comfortable design
- Non-slip suction cups
- May not be mildew-resistant
- May not be quick-drying
"Even after numerous baths, I'm amazed by this product’s ability to offer comfort and support–especially in my less-than-ideal tub. The soft, warm cushioning eliminates the cold shock, and it has been a good buy for enhancing my bathing experience."
Gorilla Grip Luxury Spa Bath Pillow
Best Supportive Foam
Bath Haven Bathtub Pillow
Best Satin Finish
Everlasting Comfort Bath Pillow
Best Adjustable Design
|14.5"L x 11"W
|17"L x 17"W
|14.56 x 15.35 x 1.7 inches
Basic Concepts’ suction-based bath pillow is a luxurious accessory designed to enhance your bathing experience. Made of high-quality materials and sporting a wave pattern, this pillow provides superior comfort and support for your head and neck when relaxing in the tub. As per reviews, the bubble bath pillow is compatible with all kinds of bathtubs and sturdy enough to sustain machine washes, making it easy to maintain.
- Has a breathable air mesh covering
- Has a hook attachment for easy drying
- Has strong suction cups
- Available in two different sizes
- Includes a storage bag
- Some might find the material slightly flimsy
- May not be stain-resistant
"It has only been a few weeks since I got this pillow, and it has settled into my routine nicely. The suction cups are decent, and I like the textured surface. I also find it supportive and easy to clean."
If you are looking for the best waterproof bath cushions, here’s one from AmazeFan that features 4D Air Mesh technology for breathability and ventilation. This bath spa pillow measures 81 × 12.36 × 2.91in and weighs 1.2lb. It has a two-panel design to support your head and back and offer ultimate relaxation. Moreover, the expert-recommended pillow’s seven powerful suction cups fix firmly to your bathtub and prevent any slippage. This video will help you make an informed decision about this 4D bath pillow.
- Big hook to hang for drying
- Ergonomic two-panel and contoured design
- Anti-bacterial polyester fabric
- Some may find the texture a bit rough
- Color may fade over time
"My bath time has become more enjoyable with this bath pillow. It is a solid choice if you want to pamper yourself. The suction is reliable, and the supportive structure supports my neck and back."
Experience ultimate and luxurious comfort when soaking in the bathtub with the Omystyle full body bath pillow. Its 21 suction cups make it anti-slip, and the pillow comes with a mesh bag to let you wash the bath pillow in the washing machine without damaging the suction cups. This quick-drying bath cushion conforms to the shape of your body to provide maximum support.
- 5D mesh design and hanging hook make it quick-drying
- Easy-to-use one-piece design
- Facilitates a spa-like experience
- Compatible with most tubs
- May not be suitable for textured tubs
- Some may find the mesh a bit rough
"This bath pillow is a welcome upgrade from the typical inflatable options. It is soft and supportive, providing a touch of comfort during soak sessions. While the suction mechanism could be better, it is a wonderful addition for extra coziness and back support."
The Sierra Concepts Paradise bath pillow is a luxurious addition to any bathtub as its sleek yet densely padded cushioning helps reduce the pressure from your head, neck, shoulders, and upper back. In addition, this compact-size pillow features suction cups that make it non-slip, and its contoured shape ensures ultimate comfort and support, making it one of the best spa pillows.
- Easy to dry
- 3D mesh design for a cooling effect
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Fits varied types of tubs
- Non-slip suction cups
- May be prone to mold build-up
- Suction cups may not be highly durable
"My weekend self-care soaks have become more enjoyable with this bath pillow. It is undeniably plush and comfortable, transforming my tub into a little spa retreat. The suction cups tend to loosen over time, but I simply reattach them after draining them."
The luxury bath pillow for tub from Viventive is a high-quality, four-inch thick cushioned pillow that offers utmost and luxurious comfort. It uses 3D breathable mesh to provide support for your head, neck, and back while you soak in the tub. This extra-large bath pillow is soft and has an orthopedic two-portion design to ensure a spa-like soothing experience. It can be cleaned in the machine by following the washing instructions.
- Includes a laundry bag
- Built-in hanging hook
- Fits most standard-sized tubs
- Lightweight and breathable material
- Portable bath pillow
- Vacuum suction cups may not be great
- Might be slightly narrow at the bottom
"This bath pillow has significantly elevated my self-care routine. The simplicity of the design doesn't take away the quality a bit, and it accommodates my height comfortably. The suction could be stronger, but overall, it offers exceptional comfort."
The Monsuri bathtub pillow is a convenient and compact cushion that is easy to hang and use. Its extra-plush, soft, thick, and ergonomic padding provides utmost comfort and support for your head, neck, upper back, and shoulders. In addition, this lightweight and comfortable bath pillow is easy to clean as it is washing machine-friendly.
- 3D mesh makes it quick-drying
- Breathable design for ultimate relaxation
- Ensures a spa-like experience
- Easy to install and remove
- Compact size
- Ergonomic design pillow to ensure a comfortable bath experience
- Suction cups may not be strong enough
- May not be suitable for people with broad shoulders
"It is pretty comfortable, offering decent shoulder and back support. It falls a bit short on neck comfort, especially for my standalone tub with slender edges, but overall, it serves well as a supportive cushion during baths."
The Savvy Comfort luxury bath pillow uses high-quality water-resistant mesh that is easy to clean and quick to dry. Its soft, durable foam contours your head and neck for a comfortable and supportive fit. Moreover, this versatile, soft neck support pillow can easily fit attached or free-standing bathtubs without compromising functionality.
- Easy to use
- Compact and lightweight design
- Thick foam to relieve tension
- Strong suction
- Seams may give way easily
- May not be machine washable
The Splash Home bath pillow contains soft and absorbent polymer-filled beads that conform to the shape of your head and neck for ultimate and customized comfort. This professional-grade bath pillow option is also easy to wipe clean, and its compact design makes it space-efficient and easy to store.
- Phthalate-free pillow
- Mildew-resistant exterior layer
- Soft to the touch to ensure a comfortable bath time experience
- Convenient to use
- May not be suitable for textured tubs
- Gel may turn yellow with time
"Finding a good bath pillow can be tricky, but this one's a consistent favorite in my household. It wins points for durability and comfort, and the non-absorbent material keeps mildew at bay."
How To Choose The Right Bath Pillows?
Here are a few factors you should consider when testing or choosing a bath pillow.
- Tub compatibility: Consider the shape, size, and depth of the bathtub before choosing your bath pillow. For instance, if you have a jacuzzi or a shower tub, avoid buying a full-body neck pillow. Also curved back and straight back tubs may have different pillow requirements.
- Fabric used: Some of the materials used to make bath pillows include mesh, polyester, or inflatable plastic. Mesh is a good option as it is a breathable fabric and dries quickly. Also, opt for a pillow made of skin-friendly fabric if you have sensitive skin.
- Suction cups: To enhance your bathing experience, look for pillows with large and extra-strong suction cups that can stick firmly to the tub.
- Maintenance: Pillows should always be left for drying after use. Therefore, look for pillows that you can wash with minimum effort. Pillows made with mesh material have good air permeability and also prevent mildew. Consider an inflatable bath pillow to ensure space-efficient and convenient storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I put my bath pillows in the washing machine?
Yes, most bath pillows can be washed in a washing machine on a gentle cycle. However, some need to be placed inside a washing bag before being washed in a washing machine. To be certain, always read the product’s care instructions.
2. Do bath pillows get moldy?
If you clean your bath pillows every one to two weeks, they are less likely to get moldy. Some pillows even have mold- and mildew-resistant fabrics.
3. Why does my bath pillow turn pink?
If you do not properly wash and dry your bath pillow, it can breed bacteria and turn pink. To prevent this, keep your pillow in direct sunlight after each use.
4. Why does my bath pillow turn orange?
Your bath pillow can turn orange when the soap is not rinsed off properly. The iron present in the water can react with the soap residues present in the pillow, making them turn orange.
5. How should I clean a mesh bath pillow?
A mesh bath pillow should be washed every time after use. You can either put it in a gentle soft cycle in a washing machine or rinse it with your hands and put it to dry.
6. Can bath pillows get wet?
Yes, bath pillows get wet in water but dry quickly if the material used has fast-drying properties.
7. How often should I replace a bath pillow?
A bath pillow can last up to three or four years if it is maintained well.
Why Trust MomJunction?
A good bath pillow can give you a soothing and enjoyable bathing experience. After skimming through several reliable websites and analyzing the customer reviews, we have curated this list of the finest bath pillows. We have considered the design, size and weight specifications, and other essential parameters to select these pillows for you. We also help you choose the most suitable pillow as per your requirements with the help of our buying guide.
While spending long hours in the bathtub seems pleasurable, the back and shoulder pain it can cause is not. Therefore, choose a good bath pillow that offers the optimum support and comfort to ensure a comfortable and relaxed bath time experience in your tub. Choose pillows made from moisture-wicking and breathable materials like mesh and polyester for easy cleaning. Moreover, choose a pillow with vacuum suction cups to attach it securely to your tub head. The pillow should also require minimal maintenance and ensure long-lasting use.
Infographic: How To Care For Bath Pillows?
Bathtub pillows are blissful companions for relaxation during baths, offering exceptional comfort and neck support. However, regular cleaning is essential to maintain hygiene, ensuring a mold- and germ-free bathing experience. Check out the infographic to learn how to clean and maintain bathtub pillows properly.