Being the eleventh sign of the zodiac, Aquarius is known as an “innovator.” They are born between January 20 and February 19. They are represented by the water and are self-sufficient and brilliant individuals. Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac and is known to be the “nurturer because of its motherly nature. They are born between June 21 and July 22. They are soft and highly emotional.
So does the atypical Aquarius gel well with the sweet Cancer? Can these two set aside their differences and fall madly in love with each other? Read this post to know more about Aquarius and Cancer compatibility.
Are Aquarius And Cancer Compatible?
Aquarius is positive, confident, and precocious. They are known for being distinctive from other zodiac signs. Like their element air, they are free-spirited and do not like to be classified in any particular category. They embrace their originality and uniqueness.
Cancerian may appear cold and brittle on the outside, but like a crab that is only the shell. Once anyone knows their true nature, they will know that Cancer is sweet, compassionate, and mystical.
Aquarian is hardly shy, their extrovert nature will make the Cancer come out of its shell and socialize more. Cancer is quite emotional and can be overwhelming, so Aquarius helps in calming the turbulent emotions that Cancer feels from time to time. Cancer, on the other hand, teaches Aquarius the art of intimacy and how to be compassionate. If Aquarius is patient with Cancer, this relationship will bloom into something beautiful.
Reasons An Aquarius And Cancer Compatibility Might Work
The relationship between Aquarius and Cancer might seem quite peculiar at first because the sensitive Cancer might be too much for the Aquarius to bear. But sometimes, things fall into place, and matches like this happen.
- Cancer and Aquarius are loyal and trustworthy. In a relationship, they are dedicated to one another. Cancer is warm and affable, which is appreciated by Aquarius. They try to mirror their partner’s actions and share with them the same affection that Cancer gives.
- Aquarius and Cancer value knowledge. Even if they hold different values due to their shared love for knowledge, they want to learn from their partners. Cancer values affinity and steadiness in a relationship, while Aquarius values liberty and intelligence. If both the partners give each other time and are patient, they can learn a lot from each other.
- When it comes to any intellectual or cognitive activities, both Aquarius and Cancer can come together and conquer any idea which might seem impossible at first. Cancer observes the most minute details, which Aquarius sometimes fail to notice. Aquarius brings their depth of knowledge into the relationship that cancer appreciates.
Problems An Aquarius And Cancer Compatibility Might Face
Even though Cancer and Aquarius might find mystery and romance in a relationship, they will face certain problems.
- Cancer and Aquarius are different elemental signs. While Cancer is water, Aquarius is air, which can lead to differences between them. While Cancer craves intimacy, Aquarius is not much intimate to begin with. This can make the soft-hearted Cancer feel hurt and distant from their partner.
- Cancer is quite a traditionalist, while Aquarius is modern. The harsh dissimilarity between them will make them feel exasperated. Cancer loves a romantic movie date and a dinner, while Aquarius won’t be satisfied by that alone. Cancer likes the comfort of their home and loved ones, while Aquarius is asocial butterfly, and they will feel claustrophobic if they stay cooped up inside their homes for too long.
- Cancer is ruled by the Moon, which has feminine energy that is opposite to the masculine energy of Saturn. Initially, Cancer is fascinated by Aquarius’s rebellious mind, however, with time, the traditional Cancer will be frustrated trying to keep up with their innovative and modern ideas.
Love Match Between An Aquarius Man And A Cancer Woman
A Cancer woman loves to be around familiar faces and prefers intimate gatherings over large crowds. However, Aquarius man is a social butterfly, he loves making new friends. An Aquarius man’s perspective of life is gathering knowledge from all over the world and exploring new places. Cancer woman’s comfort lies in staying home in their safe space.
Both of them have a major contrast in perspective that needs to be sorted out. Once they are understanding and patient with each other’s differences, they will know that they have overcome a big hurdle in their relationship.
Aquarius man is quite scornful towards anything overtly emotional, that is why he always keeps his deepest emotions buried underneath. Sweet Cancer woman wears her heart on the sleeve. While he should try to learn to express his emotions instead of burying them, she should make an effort and socialize with him.
Love Match Between An Aquarius Woman And A Cancer Man
The road of love for an Aquarius woman and Cancer man can be quite bumpy, but it does not mean that their relationship is doomed. With effort and patience, both of them can reach a level of understanding.
An Aquarius woman’s emotions are quite fleeting. While a Cancer man craves her warmth and affection, she will be busy with something else. She is not the romantic kind, but Cancer’s constant yearning for affection from her may make him seem clingy, which she dislikes. Cancer man is an empath, therefore, even though Aquarius woman shows little to no interest in romantic involvement, he tries to win the heart of the woman he loves.
Even though Aquarius woman is not always clear about her intentions and motives, this relationship will work only if both of them are willing to make compromises for one another. He will try to figure out what is going on inside her mind, and instead of keeping him guessing, she should open up about her emotions.
Aquarius And Cancer Sexual Compatibility
While Aquarius is not attuned to their emotional side, Cancer is emotional. At first, their relationship might seem well because Cancer puts on a facade of being cold and brittle, which appeals to Aquarius. But with time, the true self of Cancer starts to show.
For Cancer, sex and intimacy that has no emotional and spiritual side is of no meaning. Aquarius natives think otherwise, they love the sensual pleasure that intimacy brings. Cancer sets certain boundaries, but Aquarius loves to experiment and try something new, which can be too much for Cancer to bear.
Both Cancer and Aquarius have dissimilarities, which they need to sort out if they want to avoid conflicts. Aquarius would have to be more understanding towards sensitive Cancer’s mood swings, while Cancer should not take everything personally that Aquarius says. They are extremely committed and loyal to one another.